Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Football pundit Murdo MacLeod pays reverence to medics who saved his life

FORMER Scotland and Celtic star Murdo MacLeod currently paid reverence to the medics he credits with saving his hold up – together with the Rangers group doctor. The 51-year-old not long ago underwent heart surgery after reportedly being struck by a life-threatening virus.MacLeod currently suggested how he was "hours afar from death" and praised 3 doctors who played consequential purposes in the quarrel to keep him aliveADVERTISEMENT.He told how Rangers medic Paul Jackson speckled that the seizure he thought was hog influenza was in actuality a pathogen that had broken one of his heart valves.The diagnosis by Dr Jackson, who was bar alloy at Dumbarton when MacLeod managed the team, resulted in the former football star being taken to hospital.MacLeod was seen by Dr Ted Fitzsimmons and referred to surgeon Vivek Pathi, who he described as a hero."Paul speckled there was something wrong with me alternative than a viral complaint," MacLeod told the Daily Record."Ted rught afar motionless I had to be sent from the Western Infirmary to the Golden Jubilee Hospital in Clydebank."I went there in an ambulance with the blue light flashing and met the man who had my hold up in his hands and saved it."Vivek Pathi was the surgeon who achieved open heart surgery on me and I"ll be evermore grateful."People have talked to me about football heroes for years but Mr Pathi is the genuine favourite in my eyes."I went to see Paul on a Wednesday and Ted on Thursday. But I wouldnt have seen Friday if it hadnt been for Mr Pathi."MacLeod, who pronounced he had never had a days seizure in his hold up before, outlayed the subsequent 6 days on a life-support appurtenance and underneath sedation.He is right afar behind at home in Helensburgh, where he has been inundated with messages from well-wishers, together with Celtic fable Henrik LarssonToday, MacLeod paid reverence to the desired ones who helped him get by the ordeal.His mother of 34 years, Mhairi, and their daughters Gilan, Mhairi and Marina kept a every day burial by his sanatorium bed.MacLeod, who additionally played for German bar Borussia Dortmund and Hibernian, said: "I was hours afar from not being here. But I was in no suffering and underneath sedation."It was my family who went by ruin whilst I outlayed 6 days on a life-support machine."He additionally thanked everyone who has helped him by his seizure with their messages of support, saying: "Now I"ve been since a new franchise of hold up and the since me a opposite outlook."I know for certain that all nurses are angels and I conclude how most my difficulty overwhelmed the lives of so most people around the universe since I"ve got the messages, cards and letters to infer it."MacLeod won twenty Scotland caps and played at the 1990 World Cup in Italy.He played for Celtic in between 1978 and 1987 prior to relocating to Germany. He captained Hibs to a League Cup win in 1991.In 1997 he became Wim Jansens partner physical education instructor at Celtic and helped them win the joining in his usually deteriorate in the job.Since afterwards he has been a football writer on BBC Radio Scotland and BBC TV.