Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tiger Woods: I felt I deserved to suffer all the temptations. I was wrong

James Bone, Ponte Verda Beach, Florida & , : {}

A inconsolable and infrequently indignant Tiger Woods pennyless his three-month overpower yesterday with a wayward reparation to friends, fans and his absent wife.

Sighing heavily and sniffing behind tears, the worlds heading golfer and initial billion-dollar diver review a steady 14-minute matter to a small, invited assembly during a week-long mangle from his sex obsession therapy.

I felt that I had worked tough my complete hold up and deserved to suffer all the temptations around me. I felt I was entitled. Thanks to income and fame, I didnt have to go far to find them, he confessed. I was wrong. I was foolish. I dont get to fool around by opposite rules.

Woodss dear mom Kultida sat in the front row at the PGA domicile on the TPC Sawgrass march on the Florida coast, and he choked behind tears as he hugged her afterwards.

Related LinksTiger, Tiger . . .Tiger Woods gives a contemptible performanceWorld No 1"s reparation lacks authenticityMultimediaHOPKINS: Woods unsuccessful plea SYED: car pile-up of fantastic proportions

His disloyal wife, the Swedish supermodel Elin Nordegren, the mom of his dual children, was nowhere to be seen. I assimilate the press wants to ask me for the sum and the times I was unfaithful. I assimilate people wish to know if Elin and I will sojourn together . . . These are issues in between a father and a wife, he said.

Elin and I have proposed the routine of deliberating the repairs caused by my behaviour, he added. As Elin forked out to me, my genuine reparation to her will not come in the form of words; it will come from my intrepidity over time. We have a lot to discuss.

Woods, wearing a black coupler and open-necked blue shirt, was once a athletic purpose indication for his sporting prowess. But his capitulation rating has plunged from a jot down 88 per cent to usually 40 per cent, according to an ABC News poll.

The golf star looked dispirited and showed flashes of annoy as he apologised over and over again for his embarrassingly open passionate escapades with some-more than a dozen alternative women.

Apart from 3 statements posted on his website, yesterday was the initial time that he had addressed the liaison in chairman given he crashed his car in to a hydrant outward his residence on Thanksgiving night in the early hours of Nov 27.

At times his remarks seemed directed at mollifying Ms Nordegren, who has stopped wearing her marriage ring and is pronounced to be negotiating a dear divorce.

Elin has shown huge beauty and intrepidity via this ordeal. Elin deserves regard not blame, he said. The issue concerned here was my steady insane behaviour. I was unfaithful. I had affairs. I cheated.

He shielded Ms Nordegrens actions on the night of the accident, denying that she was aggressive him when she crushed the windows of the car in what she says was an bid to rescue him.

Woods, who was additionally not wearing his marriage ring, reliable for the initial time that he had been an quadriplegic at a sex care hospital for 45 days. He pronounced he programmed to lapse to the hospital today.

The golfing luminary authorised usually 3 headlines group reporters and one pool radio camera to cover the eventuality in the Mediterranean Revival clubhouse. The Golf Writers Association of America was offering space for 3 reporters but voted not to accept a severe reprove to Woods, who has won some-more majors than any one but Jack Nicklaus. The rest of the media were cramped to a discussion centre a mile away, where dozens of radio correspondents reported from the car play ground alive with with heavenly body trucks.

Two strippers who aspired to stick on Woodss list of girlfriends incited up at the media stay with a pointer proclaiming: I wish to be No 16.

The golfers matter ordered media courtesy estimable of a heading universe event. Networks pennyless in to their programming; the Golf Channel began the coverage thirty mins early with the homogeneous of a pre-game show; the PGA streamed the eventuality live on the website.

Woods arrived at TPC Sawgrass by helicopter. Usually, when he plays at the march he stays in circuitously St Augustine on his aptly declared yacht Privacy.

Golf fans uttered a little antipathy at Woodss delicately stage-managed lapse to the spotlight. Its the American way, pronounced Peter Cotton, a British alloy from Kingstone, Herefordshire, who right away lives in America and played golf at the Sawgrass march as Woods spoke. In Britain, you renounce or kill yourself. Over here, you have counselling and afterwards you get on your knees. I consternation if hes going to get sacrament now? In fact, Woods did make known that he was re-embracing the Buddhist sacrament of his youth.

Marion Weir, one of his American golf partners, likely that it would take a prolonged time for Woods to scratch his approach behind in to the publics affection. I think he has fell [sic] from beauty in conditions of being a purpose model. He has a prolonged highway to reconstruct his image, he said.